Starting from October 2020, VSimRTI is open-source and is distributed as
Eclipse MOSAIC under the
Eclipse Public License.
You can find the source code and contribute on our GitHub Repository. More information about Eclipse MOSAIC, including detailled documentation and various tutorials, can be found on the eclipse.org/mosaic project webpage.
Further commercial downloads, e.g. of MOSAIC Extended and additional tools and simulators, can be found in the Extended Downloads section. To get access, please contact us at .
Eclipse MOSAIC - 22.0 Release (May 2022)
Utilities and Tools
Eclipse MOSAIC - 21.1 Previous Release (Deprecated)
Eclipse MOSAIC - 21.0 Previous Release (Deprecated)
Eclipse MOSAIC 22.0
- App sim: A perception module has been added. Vehicles can now perceive other vehicles in their field of view. (new feature)
- App sim: Adjusted tutorial application WeatherServerApp to use server entity. (new feature)
- App sim: Improved map matching of start and end points for routing. (new feature)
- App sim: Fixed a bug in payload deserialization. (bugfix)
- MOSAIC: Added Quad-tree and Grid index for fast search of surrounding entities. (new feature)
- MOSAIC: Allow configuration of a connection id as departure position of a vehicle. (new feature)
- MOSAIC: Refactored and unified matrix implementations in mosaic-utils. (bugfix)
- Traffic sim: Improved LibSumo coupling interface. (new feature)
- Traffic sim: Enhanced interface to SUMO to use context subscriptions in certain situations. (new feature)
- Traffic sim: Now supports SUMO 1.13.0 (new feature)
- Traffic sim: Fixed wrong position problem of parked vehicles. (bugfix)
- MOSAIC Extended: Introduced new physics engine in PHABMACS based on PhysX (Extended). (new feature)
Eclipse MOSAIC 21.1
- App sim: Server units are now able to access the central navigation component for routing purposes. (new feature)
- App sim: The stop mode has been revised, allowing vehicles to park in parking areas (SUMO). (new feature)
- MOSAIC: WebVisualizer now removes vehicles correctly and shows V2X indicators longer. (bugfix)
- MOSAIC: Fixed a bug in matrix mappers configuration in mapping. (bugfix)
- Communication sim: Upgraded ns-3 federate to support ns3-34. (new feature)
- Communication sim: Major improvement of logging for SNS, OMNeT++, and ns-3. (new feature)
- Communication sim: Fixed a bug in polygon intersection test used by reachability check in mosaic-cell. (bugfix)
- Traffic sim: You can now use LibSumo as an alternative to TraCI (experimental). (new feature)
- Traffic sim: Now supports SUMO 1.10.0
Eclipse MOSAIC 21.0
- Traffic sim: It is now possible to map applications on vehicles which are defined in SUMO configurations. (new feature)
- Traffic sim: Simplified the internal road network model for a better integration of existing SUMO scenarios.
- Communication sim: Implemented much faster reachability check in SNS.
- App sim: Added the possibility to map a application on all existing traffic lights at once. (new feature)
- App sim: New simulation entity for server applications. (new feature)
- MOSAIC: Fixes a minor bug in the contains check of polygons (bugfix)
- MOSAIC: Added complete documentation for most configuration files to the website. (new feature)
- MOSAIC: Added a new tutorial showcasing the integration of existing SUMO configurations. (new feature)
- Traffic sim: Now supports SUMO 1.8.0
If you want to use the communication simulators ns-3 or OMNeT++, you can rely on the provided installation scripts (for native installation) or the Dockerfile (for Docker-installation), located in the bin/fed folder. Please have a look in the user manual. For native installation, it is recommended to use Linux based systems for ns-3 and OMNeT++.
In order to run MOSAIC with the traffic simulator SUMO it is necessary to put the sumo-bin-folder is in your PATH variable.